Staff augmentation is considered an HR outsourcing strategy that helps a company add Staff to the team based on the skills required for a project. Many companies provide different staff augmentation services. Which one you’ll choose depends on the specific requirements of your business.
There are two main types of Staff Augmentation: Short-term and Long term:
- Short-term staff augmentation services are applied when there is a short-term need for employees or when in-house employees are unavailable.
- Long-term staff augmentation services are applied when the project is longer, and there is a need to fulfill a skill gap or cut operational costs or when hiring an in-house staff member is difficult.
Related Links ↴
Staff augmentation can be divided into three categories also:
- Commodity: when you need a trustable workforce, they need not have a specific skill set.
- Skilled: when you need a specialist with a specific skill set, but the level of those skills is not that critical.
- Highly Skilled: when you need professionals with very advanced skills that can be achieved only through effective training and experience.
Staff augmentation can be divided into the following categories also:
- Traditional Staff Providers: traditional staff providers provide temporary laborers.
- Master Vendor Staff Provider: a single vendor runs the whole staffing program.
- Specialized/Boutique Agencies: small companies that focus on highly-specialized talents.
- Gig Platforms: online platforms that provide instant access to independent workers.
- On-demand Talent Platforms: online platforms that provide access to highly-skilled specialists
- Independent Contractors: Independent contractors are engaged directly by organizations.