Riseup Labs is looking for a Senior Unreal Game Developer to join us in creating the next generation platform for Esports and live entertainment.
Working together with our Design, Art and Production leads, the Senior Unreal Developer will be responsible for implementing key platform features in addition to solving important technical challenges throughout the development phase.
An ideal candidate will have extensive experience working on multiplayer applications within Unreal Engine, managing server infrastructure and game-as-service features in addition to having an interest in Esports or Live Entertainment formats.
Skills: C++, Blueprints, Materials, Tools development, Git, Procedural systems, Gameplay networking.
• Implement and improve a variety of fast and efficient core software using Unreal Engine 4;
• Maintain and build code using C++ for all assigned work streams;
• Help provide architectural oversight across the entire application;
• Collaborate to devise optimal engineering solutions to technical challenges;
• Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the final product’s development;
• Design and develop games and game systems;
• Write clean, well-tested code & blueprints;
• Be able to debug/optimize C++ as well as Blueprint code;
• Work alongside other engineers in the team to produce quality games;
• Able to develop Water simulation (Floating and sailing Ship on a stormy Ocean);
• Participating in an iterative game design process by working closely with designers and artists;
• Programming game mechanics and features in UE4 with Blueprints and C++;
• Developing guidelines and workflows to ensure best practices;
• Tracking and fixing bugs.
• B.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering from any reputed public or private university.
• 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer, Unreal Developer or comparative role;
• Experienced with multiplayer gameplay systems, network replication, core engine and Virtual Reality technologies;
• Shipped at least 1 title utilizing Unreal Engine, preferably within a technology role;
• Great understanding of modern C / C++/Blueprints;
• Solid technical understanding or experience with JSON, REST, Socket & Websocket standards;
• Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills;
• Strong Blueprints & C++ knowledge and math skills;
• Ability to write a robust, reliable, and efficient code;
• Professionalism and a high work ethic;
• Passion for games;
• Mostly responsible for all the coding aspects of the entire game project;
• Other responsibilities range from helping in the development of the project pipeline and workflow (Versioning, helping the team to build a flexible and solid pipeline etc.);
• A great problem solver and team player;
• Experience with PS and Xbox development is a plus.
Workplace: Work at office
Joining Date: Immediately
Compensation & Other Benefits:
• As per the company's policies
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated in the recruitment process.